Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Currently Retooling Oceanview

Oceanview, in case you don't know, was my first world. Because I was still learning CAW as I was building it, it was pretty unpolished. Well, now that I have several worlds under my belt and know what CAW is capable of, I decided this past week to go back to Oceanview to apply what I've learned all these years to polish it up.

Oceanview
My main goals right now are to:
  1. Rebuild some of the apartment buildings in the Downtown district, as many of them were decorative. 
  2. Remove trees and plants to lower Oceanview's file size, which was a whopping 129 MB.
  3. Reduce the number of lots from 189 to around 170.
  4. Add lots to accommodate the Boardwalk, World of Wonder and other venues from The Store that players may want to upload.
  5. Clean up the look of Downtown.
  6. Fix the highway fencing, which was placed incorrectly. 
  7. Fix some of the elevator shafts, which didn't have public markers in them and resulted in NPCs complaining about not being able to use them.
  8. Add more signs and other sidewalk objects.
  9. Add a household I forgot to place when I first uploaded Oceanview.
I don't know how long this will take, but I can't see this process taking more than a month. In any event, if you're interested in the new revised edition of Oceanview, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment