Sunday, January 4, 2015

Current Project: Sim Acres (WIP)

When I completed Oceanview, I thought: never again. This world took me two years to finally complete and caused a lot of headaches in the process. But for some odd reason, I felt the need to finally complete two other worlds I had started last year. This new one is called Sim Acres. Luckily, because I learned so much from my mistakes with Oceanview, it should take much less time to complete.

Overview of the promenade, beaches, military complex and what I hope will be the resort area
Sim Acres, just like Oceanview, is a large map and will be a city. I wanted it to be reminiscent of an open world game where there are radically different districts--a really rural district; a poor district; a really glitzy, city district; a suburban district; and a beach/resort area district.

The promenade. The festival grounds will be located here.
This is part of a mini-shopping area center.

An area filled with mini-townhouses and two hotels.

Sunset looking towards the suburban area of Sim Acres, from downtown area.

One of many Brooklyn-style houses
The rural area of Sim Acres
The suburban area of Sim Acres
American Foursquare house

I will definitely post more pictures as I progress. I don't know when I'll finally complete Sim Acres, but I'm hoping in just a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment