Monday, August 10, 2020

Pottersville (WIP): Gone Fishing (In-Game Screenshots)

One of the things that I had to go back in and fix while cleaning up Pottersville were the shorelines. There will be lots of places to fish there, so it was very important that the shorelines were sculpted correctly and the routing around them were in working order before putting in fish spawners. Below, you can see what a mess some of them were before tweaking. Sims were standing in weird places, and areas didn't look properly sculpted:

Yikes!!!!

Now, after a lot of sculpting and routing paint, everything looks better and I can finally place my fish spawners. Below are the main areas your sims will enjoy in the upcoming future:

Area One:

This is a very large lake in the "grungy" side of town. I deliberately made it gunky, because this is supposed to be the run down part of Pottersville.




 Area Two:

An ocean shoreline near the lake above, which sims can either run to or get to via water taxi (if you have Island Paradise installed).








Area Three:

This is an ocean shoreline that lies right outside Pottersville, near the entertainment district and Plumbob Studios backlot. I placed some sea gulls and wave effects out here, so everything sounds very calm and soothing.

 



I have a lot of other fishing areas in and around Pottersville, but I'm keeping them a secret so I don't give away too much. After all, part of the fun in trying out a new world is exploring it, and Pottersville wouldn't be much fun if you saw every inch of it beforehand!


No comments:

Post a Comment