Friday, August 7, 2020

Pottersville (WIP): More Cleaning Up, Tweaking, etc.

Yesterday, I had an update showing all the various tedious things I'm now in the process of adding to Pottersville to make it feel more polished and complete. But then Blogger's new updated software got stupid, so I wasn't able to post screenshots. Now here I am again, wrestling with this new and "improved" version of Blogger (*cough*). In the off-chance that I'm not posting fast enough on this blog, you can check out my Tumblr, where posting screenshots is so much easier.

Area awaiting completion in terms of landscaping.

At any rate, I'm still very much in the cleaning and tweaking stage of Pottersville. There were a lot more trees, rocks and other forms of landscaping that I needed to put in, and some terrain painting to touch up. Below are some screenshots. If you compare them to screenshots posted a few weeks ago, you'll hopefully see the difference. The world finally feels "fleshed in."

In this area, I had to pull out the shoreline so it wouldn't end
abruptly.
The beach area. There's a little section next to the bridge that
needs to be completed landscape-wise.

This is an area that I've been heavily working on
this week. It still needs some tweaking in terms of
landscaping and terrain painting but I think it's almost done.

This is another area that I've been working on this past week. You can see
the progression, where I'm making my way from the bottom
right part towards the upper left in terms of terrain painting and landscaping.
 
I'm sorry if it feels as if I'm dragging this process out a bit but it's really important to make sure that you've crossed every T and dotted every I so that your world doesn't feel half-assed or rushed or unpolished.

No comments:

Post a Comment