Saturday, July 18, 2020

Pottersville (WIP): Cleaning Up Lots, Doing Appraisals, Etc.

So, right now I'm in the phase of world building where although things on the surface look pretty much complete, there are some things I need to do to make sure that everything looks good and feels polished before I release it.



First things first: There are a few lots that I need to go back into to complete or put the finishing touches on. Some of these I had left partially incomplete, sometimes because I was unsure of how to finish them or didn't know if I'd be keeping them or not. Others I left incomplete, because sometimes you start a lot and then lose inspiration or become bored. In a case like that, it's always best to leave the lot alone and then come back a little later to see if you can get that mojo back.

Second things first: I need to make a few judgment calls about whether to keep or lose a build. For example, there were a set of houses I had built in Pottersville that for some reason or other I never felt really gelled with the world, so I took them out and saved them to bin, hopefully to be used in another world. It's funny how that can happen sometimes, but it does. You'll build something to your heart's content but then realize that it doesn't really fit or would look better elsewhere.

Third thing to consider: I'm considering whether or not to make the world Island Paradise-ready. See, I just got that IP and love it but I didn't build Pottersville with IP in mind, and I don't want to spend the next several months incorporating that EP when people have been waiting so long for the world to be finished. So I figured that one thing I can do was to make it IP-ready, meaning that I won't build any houseboat lots or docks or anything, but will sculpt parts of the shoreline so that anyone who wants to can add those lots in-game.

Fourth: I already have a small handful of families created, but I have to write their bios. I am also thinking of adding more families for population balance. I need more elders, some sims for the criminal career track, and some Showtime sims.

Fifth: Playtesting for fishing. I have placed all spawners except for fish, because I needed to test the shorelines first to see where I can place them.

Sixth: Filling in street addresses for lots, making sure also that every lot has a name and a description.

In any event, this is where I'm at now with Pottersville. I will try to post some more updates as I close in on completion. Till then, thanks, everyone, for your patience! 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment