Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Pottersville (WIP): Took Out Some Lots, Adding More Builds

This past weekend, I started taking a long, hard look at Pottersville, because there were too many lots. I managed to whittle the count down to 210. However, there's a chance that I'll add four more back in for Island Paradise users. I won't actually build on those lots. I'll just leave them empty in case players who have IP can build their docks and houseboats in them. Maybe after I release Pottersville, I'll build an IP version with lots. But for now I'll just place empty lots.

I also started jiggling some lots around town in a way that makes more sense layout-wise. For example, I had too many residential lots in one corner of Downtown. I removed those buildings and placed more community venues:

Two residential lots used to be here. I
replaced them with a grocery store and diner.


Pottersville's community center, where
sims can skill up, swim, eat and sleep in after
a hard day of work.


The really tall books 'n bath skyscraper
used to be here, but I changed my mind
and decided to put the business complex there.

I also built a new coffeehouse/Showtime venue, which I didn't plan on building until the last minute. It's called Dalton's, and it's based on Mid-Century Modern architecture, which I absolutely love. The lore behind this venue is that it used to be a department store and was later converted into a coffeehouse.

New Dalton's Coffeehouse.

The inside of the coffeehouse.

The lobby and bar at Dalton's.

No comments:

Post a Comment